The USO of Central and Southern Ohio is looking for an intern to assist in day to day activities required to execute the mission of the USO.
Must have an outgoing personality with an eagerness to learn and a strong work ethic, all while serving our military and their families! All majors welcome! We can help with school credit or any certification, reports necessary for completion of classes.
Assisting management in general office duties, filing, answering phones, data entry, greeting potential donors as well as members of the military. Help with planning and executing events and programs in support of the mission of the USO.
Help to maintain and update Social Media sites to include USO of Central & Southern Ohio’s Facebook, Twitter and Website pages.
- Serve as Admin on all USOCSO sites.
- Manage and update, add or change resources & monitor sites for current and effective information specific to our targeted audience.
- Research emerging social media trends that will expand programs visibility and outreach for supporting military families statewide.
Suggested Skill Set:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient computer skills, specifically Microsoft Windows and the Microsoft Office software suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point).
- Working knowledge of the Internet, associated software with the ability to navigate and research issues raised through the provision of support to military members and their families.
- Must be willing to work part-time (20 hours a week), some nights or weekends may be required
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have high school diploma or GED